Beta User Agreement
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN AND READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC BETA SOFTWARE PROGRAM AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING ON THE “AGREE” BUTTON, YOU ARE AGREEING ON YOUR OWN BEHALF OR ON BEHALF OF YOUR LEGAL ENTITY (WHETHER A COMPANY, ORGANIZATION, EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION, OR GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY, INSTRUMENTALITY, OR DEPARTMENT) TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT OR CANNOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN CLICK THE “DECLINE” BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE INELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC BETA SOFTWARE PROGRAM.
FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC BETA SOFTWARE AGREEMENT
FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC INC.
1. Participation in the Beta Program. The purpose of the Financeable Training LLC Beta Software Program (“Beta Program”) is to make alpha, beta, seed, and other pre-release software, pre-release services, and related documentation, materials, and information (collectively, the “Pre-Release Software”) available to Beta Program participants from time to time for the purpose of providing Financeable Training LLC with feedback on the quality and usability of the Pre-Release Software. You understand and agree that participation in the Beta Program is voluntary and does not create a legal partnership, agency, or employment relationship between You and Financeable Training LLC, and neither You nor Financeable Training LLC has any authority to bind the other. You understand that Your participation in the Beta Program does not obligate Financeable Training LLC to provide You with any Pre-Release Software. Should Financeable Training LLC decide to provide You with Pre-Release Software, You agree to use and evaluate the Pre-Release Software diligently. Financeable Training LLC reserves the right to modify the terms, conditions, and policies of this Beta Program at any time without notice, and to revoke Your participation in this Beta Program at any time.
As used in this Agreement, “Licensee” means the person who has accepted this Agreement on their own behalf or the legal entity (whether a company, organization, educational institution, or governmental agency, instrumentality, or department) that has accepted this Agreement through its authorized representative. “Authorized End User” means Licensee’s employees and contractors, members of Licensee’s organization or, if Licensee is an educational institution, Licensee’s faculty, staff and students who are authorized by Licensee to exercise rights under this Agreement. “You” and “Your” means Licensee and any Authorized End User. For avoidance of doubt, Licensee is responsible for compliance with this Agreement by its Authorized End Users.
By participating in the Beta Program, You certify that You and Your Authorized End Users are of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside (at least 18 years of age in many countries) and you represent that You and Your Authorized End Users are legally permitted to join the Beta Program. If Your Authorized End Users are not of legal age, You acknowledge and agree that You have obtained the permission of the parent or legal guardian of each AuthorizedEnd User. This Agreement is void where prohibited by law and the right to become a Beta Program participant is not granted in such jurisdictions. Unless otherwise agreed or permitted by Financeable Training LLC in writing, You cannot share or transfer any software or other materials you receive from Financeable Training LLC in connection with being a Beta Program participant. The Financeable Training LLC ID and password You use to login as a Beta Program participant cannot be shared in any way or with anyone. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your Financeable Training LLC ID and password and for any activity in connection with Your account.
Notwithstanding the foregoing restrictions in this Section 1, if You are the parent or legal guardian of individuals between the ages of 13 and the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which You reside, You may allow such individuals to share Your Financeable Training LLC ID and password for their use in connection with the Beta Program solely under Your supervision and only in accordance with this Agreement. You are responsible for such individuals’ compliance with and violations of this Agreement and any other Financeable Training LLC agreements.
2. Access to Pre-Release Software; Beta Tools; and Additional Terms. You understand that Financeable Training LLC may make Pre-Release Software available to Beta Program participants through the Beta Program web portal, on physical media, and/or as otherwise provided through the Beta Program (e.g., by manual download of a digital image, by providing software configuration profiles, etc.). From time to time, Financeable Training LLC, at its option, may also provide You with software or services as part of the Beta Program, including but not limited to scripts, code snippets, utilities, configuration profiles, sample code, troubleshooting applications and bug submission tools (“Beta Tools”) as part of Your participation in the Beta Program. All use of such Pre-Release Software and Beta Tools shall be pursuant to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and/or another license agreement accompanying such Pre-Release Software or Beta Tools (collectively, “Pre-Release Software” and “Beta Tools” shall be referred to as “Financeable Training LLC Software” for purposes of this Agreement).
If the Financeable Training LLC Software is accompanied by a separate license agreement, You agree that the license agreement accompanying such Financeable Training LLC Software, in addition to Sections 5 and 6 of this Agreement, shall govern Your use of the Financeable Training LLC Software. Any inconsistencies between the provisions of the license agreement accompanying the Financeable Training LLC Software and Sections 5 and 6 of this Agreement shall be governed by this Agreement. If there is no license agreement accompanying the Financeable Training LLC Software, Your use of the Financeable Training LLC Software will be subject to the provisions of this Agreement.
You acknowledge and agree that You are responsible (a) for ensuring that each Authorized End User is aware of and complies with the terms and conditions of the license agreements for the Financeable Training LLC Software, (b) for obtaining any required consents for Your Authorized End Users’ use of the Financeable Training LLC Software and to deploy Authorized Devices as permitted hereunder, and (c) to monitor and be fully responsible for all such use of the Financeable Training LLC Software by Your Authorized End Users. Further, Financeable Training LLC Software may enable access to Financeable Training LLC and third-party services and web sites (collectively and individually, “Services”). Use of these Services requires Internet access and use of certain Services may require an Financeable Training LLC ID, may require you to accept additional terms and may be subject to additional fees.
3. License Grant and Restrictions. Subject to Your compliance with this Agreement, Financeable Training LLC hereby grants You a personal, limited license to use the Financeable Training LLC Software on Authorized Devices (defined below) and deploy them to Authorized End Users solely for testing and evaluation purposes and only in connection with this Beta Program. For purposes of this Agreement, “Authorized Devices” means Financeable Training LLC-branded products that are owned or controlled by Licensee and that are eligible for use in this Beta Program. Except as otherwise permitted under Section 16, this license does not grant You the right to use the Financeable Training LLC Software for any other purpose, or to disclose, reproduce, distribute, modify or create derivative works of the Financeable Training LLC Software. You agree not to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, decrypt, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of any Financeable Training LLC Software (except as and only to the extent the foregoing restrictions are prohibited by applicable law, or to the extent as may be permitted by licensing terms governing use of open-sourced components included with any such Financeable Training LLC Software). Unless otherwise permitted under Section 16 below, You certify that the Financeable Training LLC Software will only be used for testing and evaluation purposes in connection with the Beta Program, and will not be rented, sold, leased, sublicensed, assigned, distributed or otherwise transferred. Financeable Training LLC retains ownership of all Financeable Training LLC Software, and except as expressly set forth herein, no other rights or licenses are granted or to be implied under any Financeable Training LLC intellectual property.
4. Feedback; Contact from Financeable Training LLC. As part of the Beta Program, Financeable Training LLC may provide You and certain of Your Authorized End Users with the opportunity to submit bug reports, questionnaires, enhancement requests, issue reports and/or support information (collectively, “Feedback”) to Financeable Training LLC. Financeable Training LLC may request this information from You and Authorized End Users through the Beta Tools as well as by phone, email, web questionnaires, bug forms, and other mechanisms. By agreeing to this Agreement, You agree that Financeable Training LLC may contact You from time to time about the Beta Program, and You hereby consent to receive such communications. Except as otherwise set forth in Section 8, you agree that in the absence of a separate written agreement to the contrary, Financeable Training LLC will be free to use any Feedback You provide for any purpose.
5. Definition of Confidential Information. You agree that the Pre-Release Software and any information concerning the Pre-Release Software (including its nature and existence, features, functionality, and screen shots), the Beta Tools, and any other information disclosed by Financeable Training LLC to You in connection with this Agreement, including but not limited to information learned by You from Financeable Training LLC employees, contractors, agents or through inspection of Financeable Training LLC’s property, that relates to Financeable Training LLC’s products, designs, business plans, business opportunities, finances, research, development, know-how, personnel, or third-party confidential information disclosed to You by Financeable Training LLC, will be considered and referred to collectively in this Agreement as “Confidential Information.” Information that otherwise would be deemed Confidential Information but (a) is generally and legitimately available to the public through no fault or breach of Yours, (b) is generally made available to the public by Financeable Training LLC, (c) is independently developed by You without the use of any Confidential Information, (d) was rightfully obtained from a third party who had the right to transfer or disclose it to You without limitation, or (e) any third-party software and/or documentation provided to You by Financeable Training LLC and accompanied by licensing terms that do not impose confidentiality obligations on the use or disclosure of such software and/or documentation will not be considered Confidential Information under this Agreement. All Confidential Information remains the sole property of Financeable Training LLC and You have no implied licenses or other rights in the Confidential Information not specified in this Agreement.
6. Nonuse and Nondisclosure of Confidential Information. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 6, You agree that You will not disclose, publish, or otherwise disseminate any Confidential Information to anyone other than Your Authorized End Users, or as otherwise expressly permitted or agreed to in writing by Financeable Training LLC. You further agree to take reasonable precautions to prevent any unauthorized use, disclosure, publication, or dissemination of Confidential Information, including preventing access to or display of the Financeable Training LLC Software to third parties. You agree to use the Confidential Information solely for the permitted uses as set forth in this Agreement. You agree not to use Confidential Information otherwise for Your own or any third party’s benefit without the prior written approval of an authorized representative of Financeable Training LLC in each instance. You hereby acknowledge that unauthorized disclosure or use of Confidential Information could cause irreparable harm and significant injury to Financeable Training LLC that may be difficult to ascertain. Accordingly, You agree that Financeable Training LLC will have the right to seek immediate injunctive relief to enforce obligations under this Agreement in addition to any other rights and remedies it may have.
7. Precautions for the use of Pre-Release Software. You may need to provide Your own to be able to participate in seeds of certain Pre-Release Software. If You participate in such seeds, You may need to register Your computer or device with Financeable Training LLC and provide Financeable Training LLC with certain necessary information from such device, including, without limitation, unique device identifier numbers. You understand that to participate in seeds of Pre-Release Software You may need to remove certain pre-loaded, commercial Financeable Training LLC software from Your computer and/or device in order to load the Pre-Release Software. You further understand that once You load such Pre-Release Software onto Your computer and/or device, You may be unable to revert back to the pre-loaded, commercial release of the Financeable Training LLC software You were using prior to loading the Pre-Release Software or any earlier release of the Pre-Release Software. In addition, applications and services You have installed or been using may be unable to run or function in the same manner because of Your use of the Pre-Release Software. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT BY INSTALLING SUCH PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTERS AND/OR DEVICES, THESE COMPUTERS AND DEVICES MAY NOT BE CAPABLE OF BEING RESTORED TO THEIR ORIGINAL CONDITION AND THAT APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES MAY BE AFFECTED BY YOUR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. FURTHER, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT DATA (INCLUDING DOCUMENTS) FROM SUCH APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES THAT YOU CREATE OR CHANGE WHILE USING THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE MAY BE INCAPABLE OF BEING RESTORED OR RECOVERED. FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY COSTS, EXPENSES OR OTHER LIABILITIES YOU MAYINCUR AS A RESULT OF PROVISIONING YOUR DEVICES, YOUR TESTING OR THE INSTALLATION OR USE OF PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE OR DATA OR ANY LOSS OF DATA OR INFORMATION ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF SUCH PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. In addition, the Pre-Release Software may contain errors or inaccuracies that could cause failures, corruption or loss of data and/or information from Your computer and/or device or from Your peripherals (including, without limitation, servers and printers) connected thereto. Financeable Training LLC strongly encourages You to back-up all data and information on Your computer, devices and/or any peripherals prior to Your participation in the Beta Program and before any individual seeds. The Pre-Release Software is not intended for use, and should not be used, in production or business-critical systems.
8. Consent to Collection and Use of Data.
8.1 Licensee’s Obligations. Licensee agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including all applicable privacy and data collection laws and regulations with respect to any use or collection of data and information through the use of the Financeable Training LLC Software and Licensee’s deployment of Authorized Devices to its Authorized End Users. Licensee represents and warrants that it will provide sufficient notice and disclosure of the terms of the Agreement, and obtain all necessary rights and consents, either from the Authorized End User, or where necessary, the Authorized End User’s parent or legal guardian, for the use, testing and evaluation of Financeable Training LLC Software and the direct and incidental collection of Authorized End User data that may arise, prior to deploying Authorized Devices to the Authorized End User.
8.2 Pre-Release Software. In order to provide, test and help Financeable Training LLC, its partners, and third-party developers improve their products and services, and unless You opt out in the pre-release versions of Financeable Training LLC’s operating system software, as applicable, You acknowledge that Financeable Training LLC and its subsidiaries and agents will be collecting, using, storing, transmitting, processing and analyzing (collectively, “Collecting”) diagnostic, technical, and usage logs and information from Your Authorized Devices that are running such pre-release versions of Financeable Training LLC’s operating system software as part of this Beta Program. The information that would be Collected includes, but is not limited to, general diagnostic and usage data, various unique device identifiers, various unique system or hardware identifiers, details about hardware and operating system specifications, performance statistics, and data about how Authorized End Users use Authorized Devices, system and application software, and peripherals, and, if Location Services is enabled, certain location information. You agree that Financeable Training LLC may share such diagnostic, technical, and usage logs and information with partners and third-party developers for purposes of allowing them to improve their products and services that operate on or in connection with Financeable Training LLC-branded products. By installing or using pre-release versions of Financeable Training LLC’s operating system software on Your Authorized Devices, You acknowledge and agree that Financeable Training LLC and its subsidiaries and agents have Your permission and where necessary the permission of the parent or legal guardian of each Authorized End User to Collect all such information and use it as set forth above.
8.3 Other Pre-Release Software and Services. In order to test and improve Financeable Training LLC’s products and services, and only if You choose to install or use other Pre-Release Software or Services (excluding Financeable Training LLC’s operating system software) provided as part of the Beta Program, You acknowledge that Financeable Training LLC and its subsidiaries and agents may be Collecting diagnostic, technical, usage and related information from other Pre-Release Software or Services and from Your computer, devices, peripherals or other hardware that uses such Pre-Release Software. You should carefully review the release notes and other information disclosed to You by Financeable Training LLC as part of the Beta Program prior to choosing whether or not to install or use any such other Pre-Release Software or Services. By installing or using such other Pre-Release Software or Services, You acknowledge and agree that Financeable Training LLC and its subsidiaries and agents have Your permission and where necessary the permission of the parent or legal guardian of each Authorized End User to Collect any and all such information and use it as set forth above.
8.4 System Logs and Diagnostic Files. In addition, as part of Your participation in the Beta Program, You may have the option of manually attaching and/or using Financeable Training LLC’s Beta Tools to gather detailed hardware and/or system diagnostic files (e.g., kernel logs, Financeable Training LLC System Profile logs, hang logs, crash logs, spin logs, install logs, application logs, etc.) from Your computer and/or devices (“System Logs”) to send to Financeable Training LLC. Such System Logs may include personally identifiable information, including, without limitation, Your account name, information regarding Your contacts, calendar events, and email correspondence. Providing these System Logs is voluntary, but if You do provide them to Financeable Training LLC, then You acknowledge and agree that You have obtained the necessary rights and consents to provide such information to Financeable Training LLC and that Financeable Training LLC may use them for Financeable Training LLC’s diagnostic purposes and to improve the Beta Program and Financeable Training LLC’s products and services.
9. No Support and Maintenance; Future Products. During Your participation in the Beta Program or in a particular seed, Financeable Training LLC is not obligated to provide You with any maintenance, technical or other support for the Financeable Training LLC Software. You acknowledge that Financeable Training LLC has no express or implied obligation to announce or make available a commercial version of the Pre-Release Software to anyone in the future. Should a commercial version be made available, it may have features or functionality that are different from those found in the Pre-Release Software licensed hereunder.
10. Discussion Forums. As part of the Beta Program, You may have the ability to participate in discussion forums provided by Financeable Training LLC about the Pre-Release Software and other Confidential Information that Financeable Training LLC may make available to You. For purposes of such discussion forums, Financeable Training LLC is providing a limited exception to Section 6 by allowing You to discuss certain Financeable Training LLCConfidential Information received by You in connection with a particular seed with other seed participants who are in the same seed as You in the Financeable Training LLC designated discussion forum for such seed, and only within this discussion forum. Except for the limited purpose of discussions with other seed participants within such forums, You acknowledge and agree that this Agreement does not grant You the right to copy, reproduce, publish, blog, disclose, transmit, or otherwise disseminate any Financeable Training LLC Confidential Information.
11. Indemnification. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Financeable Training LLC, and upon Financeable Training LLC’s request, defend Financeable Training LLC, its directors, officers, employees, independent contractors and agents (each an “Financeable Training LLC Indemnified Party”) from any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages, expenses and costs, including without limitation attorneys fees and court costs, (collectively “Losses”) incurred by an Financeable Training LLC Indemnified Party and arising from or related to Licensee’s or its Authorized End User’s breach of any certification, covenant, obligation, representation or warranty in this Agreement.
Licensee acknowledges that the Financeable Training LLC Software is not intended for use in situations in which errors or inaccuracies in the content, functionality, services, data or information provided by the Financeable Training LLC Software or the failure of the Financeable Training LLC Software could lead to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage, and, to the extent permitted by law, Licensee hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless each Financeable Training LLC Indemnified Party from any Losses incurred by such Financeable Training LLC Indemnified Party by reason of any such use by Licensee or its Authorized End Users.
In no event may Licensee enter into any settlement or like agreement with a third party that affects Financeable Training LLC’s rights or binds Financeable Training LLC in any way, without the prior written consent of Financeable Training LLC.
12. No Warranty. The Financeable Training LLC Software provided hereunder may be designated as alpha, private beta, beta, development, pre-release, untested, or not fully tested versions. The Financeable Training LLC Software may be incomplete and may contain errors or inaccuracies that could cause failures, corruption and/or loss of data or information. You expressly acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted by applicable law, all use of the Financeable Training LLC Software is at Your sole risk and that the entire risk as to satisfactory quality, performance, accuracy and effort is with You. FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC IS PROVIDING ALL CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, INCLUDING THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE AND BETA TOOLS, TO YOU SOLELY ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, PERFORMANCE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You acknowledge that Financeable Training LLC has not publicly announced the availability of the Pre-Release Software, that Financeable Training LLC has not promised or guaranteed to You that such Pre-Release Software will be announced or made available to anyone in the future, and that Financeable Training LLC has no express or implied obligation to You to announce or introduce the Pre-Release Software or any similar or compatible product, or to continue to offer or support the Pre-Release Software in the future.
13. Disclaimer of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ASSUME ALL RISKS AND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH TESTING, INSTALLATION, OR USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE AND BETA TOOLS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CARRIER BILLS, BACK-UP EXPENSES, COSTS INCURRED FOR THE USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER, DEVICES AND/OR PERIPHERALS, AND ANY DAMAGE TO ANY EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION OR DATA, AND IN NO EVENT WILL FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY THAT STEMS FROM ANY USE OF THE PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE ON YOUR COMPUTER, DEVICES AND/OR ANY PERIPHERALS CONNECTED THERETO, AND/OR FROM ANY OTHER CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION, AND/OR FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC’S PERFORMANCE OR FAILURE TO PERFORM UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC HAS BEEN ADVISED OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL FINANCEABLE TRAINING LLC’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES (OTHER THAN AS MAY BE REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN CASES INVOLVING PERSONAL INJURY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF ONE DOLLAR ($1.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
14. Term and Termination. This Agreement will continue in effect until terminated in accordance with this Section 14. You may terminate this Agreement or an individual seeding project at any time, for any reason, but only by returning or destroying any and all Confidential Information that is in Your possession or control (including, without limitation, any Pre-Release Software); provided however that if You are unable to purge certain Pre-Release Software from Your computer and/or devices, then You agree that You will not use such device (or any Pre-Release Software loaded thereon) unless or until Financeable Training LLC makes available a commercial version of the Pre-Release Software available. At Financeable Training LLC’s request, You agree to provide certification of Your compliance with the foregoing requirements upon any termination. Financeable Training LLC may terminate this Agreement or an individual seeding project at any time, with or without cause, immediately upon written notice to You, and may terminate this Agreement immediately for any breach of the confidentiality provisions set forth herein. Within seven (7) days of Your receipt of Financeable Training LLC’s termination notice, or earlier if requested by Financeable Training LLC, You will return, cease all use of, and/or destroy the Pre-Release Software and all other Confidential Information as provided in this Section. Following termination of this Agreement or an individual seeding project for any reason, the restrictions of Section 3, 4-8, the last two sentences of Section 9, and 11-20, inclusive, will continue to bind the parties. The term of your license to use the Financeable Training LLC Software granted under Section 3 of this Agreement shall commence upon your installation or use of the Financeable Training LLC Software and will terminate automatically without notice from Financeable Training LLC upon the earlier of (a) the next commercial release of the Financeable Training LLC Software, (b) the termination of the individual seeding project under which you obtained the Financeable Training LLC Software, (c) the termination of this Agreement, or (d) the date specified in the separate license accompanying the Financeable Training LLC Software (if any).
15. No Export. You agree that You will not export or re-export any of the Pre-Release Software or Confidential Information received from Financeable Training LLC except as authorized by United States law and the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Financeable Training LLC Software was obtained. In particular, but without limitation, the Financeable Training LLC Software may not be exported or re-exported (a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or (b) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person’s List or Entity List or any other restricted party lists. By using the Financeable Training LLC Software, You represent and warrant that You are not located in any such country or on any such list. You also agree that You will not use the Financeable Training LLC Software for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons. You certify that this Financeable Training LLC Software will only be used for evaluation and testing purposes, and will not be rented, sold, leased, sublicensed, assigned, or otherwise transferred. Further, You certify that You will not transfer or export any product, process or service that is a direct product of this Financeable Training LLC Software.
16. Third-Party Software & Information. Portions of the Financeable Training LLC Software may include third-party software and other copyrighted material. Acknowledgements, licensing terms, and disclaimers for such material are contained in the electronic documentation for the Financeable Training LLC Software, and Your use of such material is governed by such respective terms. Mention of third parties and third-party products in any materials, advertising, promotions or coupons provided to Beta Program participants is for informational purposes only and constitutes neither an endorsement nor a recommendation. All third-party product specifications and descriptions are supplied by the respective vendor or supplier, and Financeable Training LLC shall have no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of these vendors or products. All understandings, agreements, or warranties, if any, take place directly between the vendors and the prospective users.
17. No Waiver or Assignment. No delay or failure to take action under this Agreement will constitute a waiver unless expressly waived in writing, signed by a duly authorized representative of Financeable Training LLC, and no single waiver will constitute a continuing or subsequent waiver. This Agreement may not be assigned by You in whole or in part. Any contrary assignment shall be null and void.
18. Governing Law. Any litigation or dispute resolution between You and Financeable Training LLC arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Financeable Training LLC Software, or Your relationship with Financeable Training LLC will take place in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and You and Financeable Training LLC hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue in the state and federal courts within that District with respect to any such litigation or dispute resolution. This Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of Pennsylvania. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if You are an individual entering into this Agreement solely as part of Your employment for one of the entities listed below, then the following exceptions shall apply:
– If You are employed by an agency, instrumentality or department of the federal government of the United States, then this Agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America, and in the absence of applicable federal law, the laws of the State of Pennsylvania will apply. Further, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, all claims, demands, complaints and disputes will be subject to the Contract Disputes Act (41 U.S.C. §§601-613), the Tucker Act (28 U.S.C. § 1346(a) and § 1491), or the Federal Tort Claims Act (28 U.S.C. §§ 1346(b), 2401-2402, 2671-2672, 2674-2680), as applicable, or other applicable governing authority.
– If You are employed by a U.S. public and accredited educational institution, then (a) this Agreement will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state (within the U.S.) in which Your educational institution is domiciled, except that body of state law concerning conflicts of law; and (b) any litigation or other dispute resolution between You and Financeable Training LLC arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the Financeable Training LLC Software, or Your relationship with Financeable Training LLC will take place in federal court within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and You and Financeable Training LLC hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of and exclusive venue of such District unless such consent is expressly prohibited by the laws of the state in which Your educational institution is domiciled.
This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
19. Government End Users. The Financeable Training LLC Software and related documentation are “Commercial Items”, as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation”, as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. §12.212 or 48 C.F.R. §227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to U.S. Government end users (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. Unpublished-rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States.
20. Severability; Complete Understanding. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that this Agreement shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. This Agreement, including any appendices made effective pursuant to this Agreement and any additional licenses accompanying the Financeable Training LLC Software, constitutes the entire agreement with respect to the Confidential Information disclosed herein and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements concerning such Confidential Information. Except to the extent provided under Section 2 above, any inconsistencies between this Agreement and any license agreement accompanying the Financeable Training LLC Software will be governed by the license agreement accompanying the Financeable Training LLC Software. Except as expressly set forth herein, any waiver or amendment of any provision of this Agreement shall be effective only if in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties. Any translation of this Agreement is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English versions, the English version of this Agreement shall govern, to the extent not prohibited by local law in Your jurisdiction.